Visitors

Thursday, February 28, 2008

Superheroes of Racing brace for significant stable turnover; Ready for bold changes


In the midst of a somewhat disappointing season, principals at Otsego Farms have decided that sweeping the floor clean may be the necessary first step in trying to re-establish our winning ways.

Several horses, who are still above-average performers but are nearing the end of the road race-wise, may be moved to new stables or the breeding barn, thus making way for the next generation of racers.

Among the names being discussed are Doomsday, Affirm Gal, Union Jack, Kid Flash, Seven Memory, and Quicksilver.

Affirm Gal and Union Jack will most likely join the ranks of Otsego breeders, but the others, including stable favorites Doomsday and Kid Flash will very likely be sold outright. The future of several other horses are under consideration as well.

Final decisions will be made within the next week or so. Keep an eye open for possible sales or announcements on the stud availability of turf router Union Jack.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I cant wait for UJ to retire ... Foxie wants a foal heheheh ... So it looks like u will retire him hey Jim that good for me i guess ... And yes i still want that spot we talked about

Foxie

Jim Webber said...

I am definitely leaning that way Foxie. I'm thinking that Union Jack and either Shattered Record or Affirm Gal will make a very nice pairing. He's had a solid 4 year career. Pushing it another season will probably result in poor results on the track.

Anonymous said...

I agree that if he races another season he probably wont do as well as he has ... I would of thought u would use Nova trying to mix speed with stamina ( but what would i know about breeding ) ... I think he will fill his spots very quickly ... Any idea what u will be charging Jim just out of curiosity ( or should i just wait for that post )

Foxie

Jim Webber said...

He and Nova are not really compatible in the surface categories and that makes me a little nervous. I could get PREFER across the board, or I could get some very undesirable ratings. I like to match strength to strength as much as possible. I know some people like to match strength to weakness, hoping to fix problem areas. To me, that's too risky. I like to build on strengths rather than trying to fix weaknesses. Who's to say which method is better?

Union Jack will be available for stud at $30,000 Foxie. I've got your name on the list. Thanks!

Anonymous said...

$30,000 are u serious Jim i was thinking maybe 100k ... Yeh i have no idea with the breeding side ive done alot of mixed matches and alot of stength to strength guess time will tell which ones were right and which wernt

BTW nice to see u got something to right about with this weeks results ( week 31-32 )

Keep up the good work

Foxie