Visitors

Wednesday, December 01, 2010

Chomping at the bit...

One quarter of the 2014 racing season is already gone, and eight of my nine 2yo's have yet to see the track.

My patience was ebbing when I threw Deep Magic out there in a field that was bigger than I prefer.  I was rewarded with a poor trip and a disappointing finish.  Now a couple weeks later, the yearn to see what these youngsters are made of is gnawing at my resolve.

I've got 8 other dandies that are waiting in the wings and I'm not sure how much longer I can hold off, large fields or not.

Azrael (Nightwing x Affirm Gal) - Classic distance, multi-surface.  First out of Affirm Gal, this colt carries high expectations.
Captain Britain (Union Jack x Flawless) - Long distance turf.  With his talent and picture perfect AR, we think Union Jack will be a superior stud.
Kit Fisto (War Machine x In Spirit) - Long distance, multi-surface. 
Mocha Milkshake (Memcay x Gourmet Girl) - Long distance dirt.  Slow to mature.  Won't run this year.  Might consider selling this fellow for the right price.
Moondragon (Moet x Monsoon) - Finicky surface miler.  Hoping for Moet-type speed here.
Quasar (Revenge x Nova) - Dirt miler.  The planets are aligning for a superstar here.  Everything looks good.
Xtra Run (Run Missy Run x Xtra Heat) - Classic distance dirt.  Speed x speed = speed.  Has more stamina than we expected though.
You Know My Name (Union Jack x Shattered Record) - Classic distance dirt. 

Can't wait!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Bleh i got 9 unraced 2yo`s myself .. The way i see it is u not losing much by not racing em early on as most of the races are worth $50,000 its not till about halfway through the season when the real money comes into play


Foxie

Jim Webber said...

You're right Foxie. Why get into those 20-horse scrums for a measly $30,000? Even if you've got a winner, it's probably even odds that your horse will get porked in traffic. Much better to wait until the field sizes shrink a bit later in the season when there are more races.