Visitors

Thursday, April 29, 2010

War Hammer to debut?

A colt that is highly-touted within Otsego Farms will attempt to make his debut this weekend at the GR2 Saratoga Special.

War Hammer, the hulking 17h colt by War Machine out of Shattered Record, is currently entered, but as always, owner Jim Webber reserves the right to pull him at the last moment.  

"I tend to coddle my 2yo's, no question about that.  I'm not one to send them out 12 times in 20 horse fields.  I prefer 6-8 starts maximum in the smallest fields possible", Webber stated.  "I've had War Hammer entered a couple times already and yanked him when the fields got unwieldy.  I'm not gonna send him out to get jostled around in his first race."

The Saratoga is a 6.5F affair on dirt.  Webber said, "I'd prefer a slightly longer race for his debut, but he's ready to go so we'll see what happens."

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I could have told you he would suck!! HA! Try paying the $10 and doing a List breed.

Jim Webber said...

LOL. Well, I'm not convinced he sucks. He is extremely immature and I probably shouldn't even have run him this year. I grew curious though and wanted to see where he was at physically. He'll not run again until next season. Then we'll see.