Visitors

Sunday, February 10, 2008

Diagnosis: Win Deficiency


Sixty-one races are in the book and Otsego Farms has only 7 wins. Even more disturbing is the on-the-board percentage of just 39%.

As I mentioned recently in the Forum, this is shaping up to be the worst season in our stables history, and it has me searching through dusty tomes to find a spell of victory that I can cast.

With proven veterans like Doomsday, Affirm Gal, Union Jack, True Ensign, and Confederation, I didn't think I would be scrambling for wins, let alone places and shows.

And to confound me further, these poor results have come in lower graded races. As a rule, I've tried to avoid Gr1 races as much as possible until the Otsego train gets back on the track.

Now back to my search for a spell. Ahh! This will do nicely. Rathmor's Touch of Unpassability. Hmmm, looks like I need some eye of newt. Better give Amanda a call.

2 comments:

Rivendell said...

I think you need to look up spell breaking instead of spell casting, cause it sounds like you under a curse. mwhahahah

That Rathmor's Touch of Unpassability will be useless unless you find the source of the problem and eliminate it! You best hurry or the conditions it has put upon you and your horses may be permanent!

Deadly Force was charmed though before he left Rivendell.. so he should be safe. ;-)

Amanda O'Brien said...

Sorry mate - all out of eye of newt but I do have some lucky frogs feet left? (Ate all the rabbits!)