Visitors

Friday, January 28, 2011

$1000? Why not?

Because the majority of my racers are 2yo's and I race then so sparingly, I have very few entries each week.  So, in the interest of having a little more fun, I thought I'd pick up a couple of veteran racers and Necromancer was out there waiting to be plucked.

He's a 3yo who he has shown that he has some talent.  At 8.5F, he has put up PSR's of 95, 93, and 79 and he's been in the money in 6 of 10 career races.

I was kinda surprised that no one else even bothered to steal him away by risking just $1500.  I thought that a newer stable looking for a horse to bring in a little cash might take a chance on him.

He'll occupy a stall as a racer here at Otsego Farms until the end of the season, then he'll be moved out to make way for younger horses. 

1 comment:

Jim Webber said...

He won five grand in his first race. Easy money that any noob coulda had. It wouldn't make you rich, but I'll bet he wins $30-40k this season for me for a measly investment of $1000.