Visitors

Friday, January 21, 2011

Flying to Oz...

I actually get to debut a 2yo this weekend.  I've been trying for weeks to get  my last few 2yo's out there, but the fields have been too big. 

Finally, a decent sized field and therefore, Moondragon will make her first appearance.  There will be just 10 horses in the 5F Balcrest Stakes on the turf in Morphettville.  She's a miler by Moet out of Monsoon and hasn't struck our trainers as a top-notch prospect, but that can all change with a solid showing Down Under.

It was a bit of an expense to ship Moondragon all the way to South Australia for her debut, but I had business there anyway, so I thought I'd tag along, killing two birds, so to speak.

Also, project-horse La Force will try his hand at 16F at Shenandoah Downs.  I had an idea that he might be able to handle longer distances, so I picked him up as an experiment.  His first race for Otsego Farms at 12F did not go well, but he didn't exert himself at all, so we figure we'll try to make him work a bit at 2 miles.

Stable stalwarts House of M and Nebula will both race this weekend as well.  Obviously, expectations are higher for these fillies.  We expect both to hit the board.  Initially we were predicting 2 wins, but the competition in the A Gleam Handicap got a little stiff, so while we think she's capable, it'll be a tougher road for Nebula in our opinion.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

U should fly from Adelaide to Melbourne after Moondragon runs im sure u will make it in time to watch my string of Otsego stallion foals run around .. War Machine (Machine Gun) , Union Jack (Alphabet) and Nightwing (Bad Webber)

Ill save u a seat just in case




Foxie

Jim Webber said...

I'll be there. I've been looking for a reason to come visit you Foxie ever since that time when Ettore and I stiffed you when you came to visit in Michigan. Always felt bad about that...

http://otsegofarms.blogspot.com/2010/01/probably-should-have-paused-game.html