Visitors

Saturday, March 28, 2015

We're bursting at the seams

Generally, I keep a few mid-talent or over-the-hill horses on board to serve as a safety valve in the event that I need to make room quickly.

Right now, I am in the uncomfortable position of not having that luxury.  There are a couple acquisitions I would like to make but I'm tapped out stall-wise and I don't want to get rid of any of the horses I currently own.  It's quite a quandary.

These are my horses.... and the reasons I don't want to get rid of them:

  1. Methy Bus - joining stallion ranks
  2. Acquarella - steady producer who spun a WR in his last race
  3. Battlestar - proven winner
  4. French Twist - consistent money maker with very long career potential
  5. Hollands Best - really quite talented for a no-name
  6. Zombieslayer - long career should pay dividends
  7. Jackhammer - proven winner
  8. Le Chiffre - proven winner
  9. Na'vi - has tools and it's too soon to give up
  10. Ugotthelook - superior talent with broodmare potential
  11. Viperwolf - should be dominant at G2/G3 
  12. Give Me Danger - unraced 3yo with stayer heart and breeding
  13. Helikaon - Kentucky Derby bound talent
  14. Infinity World - rising PSR's bode well
  15. Kid Shelleen - he's fast and strong so he should break out in 2019
  16. Lapsus - acquired in On The Prowl deal... he's the next Methy Bus
  17. Makes Me Wonder - expecting much more as a 3yo based on numbers
  18. Reminiscing - nice start as 2yo
  19. Rico Suave - Otsego's next distance stud.  Watch him.
  20. Scarlet Witch - her numbers are good, early season will make or break
  21. Simply Charming - three wins as a 2yo, hard to argue with that
  22. Then Came You - long peak, rising PSR's... outlook good
Of course, I have 12 incoming 2yo's as well as another 28 yearlings and foals, none of which I will sell until I've seen them race a couple times and have had a chance to digest their numbers.

So...I need to make a little room, but I'm not currently in the position to do so.  What to do?

No comments: