Visitors

Wednesday, October 08, 2008

Still looking for a mare to lease...


Otsego Farms will produce a record five foals later this season The pairings I have in mind at this point are:
  1. War Machine x Affirm Gal
  2. War Machine x Nova
  3. Union Jack x Shattered Record
  4. Union Jack x In Spirit
The odd man out at this point is Nightwing. I don't own a fifth broodmare, so I plan on leasing one if possible.

I'd like to secure a mare that has the following traits:
  • Excellent stamina. Able to run 12-16 furlongs.
  • Stalker or Mid-pack running style.
  • No history of injury or soreness.
  • At least OK on all surfaces.
I would pay a significant fee for the right mare. I realize that a mare in the caliber of Promised Land or Domitila will not be available, but I will certainly look at others that possess the above traits.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sorry Jim i have none avaliable i can lease ... Be nice to get Promised Land again for JMG .... Domitila is going to him this year i wouldnt mind using her either .. Goodluck finding a mare Jim


Foxie

Jim Webber said...

Ahhh....Promised Land, that would be nice.

Daredevil is a monster and I'm sure your Machine Gun will be too. Your acquisition of PL's breeding rights last year was very astute Foxie.