Visitors

Thursday, July 30, 2009

Why does this horse have a hold on me?


I can't quite put my finger on the reason why, but Tombstone has wormed his way into my heart and I'm finding it increasingly difficult to consider parting with him, even though my head is demanding it.

He has been less than stellar as a racer thus far, compiling a career record of 13-0-3-0. But he has shown some signs of life lately with consecutive 2nd place finishes.

His highest PSR is 95. In fact, that is the only time he has gone above 90. And yet, his surface and distance versatility are very admirable and hint at future success. Plus, the fact that his sire Vampirical was something of a late bloomer bodes well for Tombstone down the road.

The bottom line is, in spite of a pressing need to eliminate horses and provide much needed stall space for foals, I don't think Tombstone will be sacrificed. I like him and I have confidence that he will improve. He stays.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You don't need that colt bringing you down I will buy him from you I guess, say $2,500?
Sunset Ranch

Anonymous said...

Sell it Sir Jim just sell him .... There is no room for " favourites " in my stable there either good enough or they get the hell out
Sure i have my favourite foals and yearlings in my stable but if they dont produce results they will get sold off aswell .. U need to set an example for the rest of the horses if they no good they goin to glue factory ;););)


Foxie

Jim Webber said...

Yeah, that thought had crossed my mind Foxie. I said I was gonna be a tougher taskmaster going forward... and I will.

I just can't shake the feeling that Tombstone has untapped potential. I'm gonna give him until the middle of next season to show his stuff.

Anonymous said...

U are more paitent than me

I just traded off Lithium and What Ive Done for some breedings ... So just goes to show even good horses of mine im willing to trade / sell ( as long as there colts ) for the right price


Foxie


Foxie