Visitors

Friday, January 22, 2010

Chances of us getting together? Not good.


I've wanted her for quite a while although I had forgotten that fact.

I noticed her several years ago and even commented on her sweet AR.  I've made attempts to buy her in the past, both via auction and privately, but not lately.

Today I saw that she is for sale.  She's available via auction, but it looks like the reserve is $400,000 and even though she's probably worth it, I'm gonna miss out.  Again.

If I still had $20,000,000 in the bank, I'd snatch her up quicker than you can say "War Machine".  But now that I'm down to less than half of my former bankroll, I am forced to be more frugal.  I'm not even flying my private jet over to London for Amanda's birthday this year.

Long story short...I like Sea Of Streets...always have.  As Lloyd Christmas said in Dumb and Dumber, "I like you Sea Of Streets.  I like you ahh-lawt". 

But not that much.

2 comments:

Amanda O'Brien said...

Its OK Jim - I have arranged for a 1st class berth on the Queen Mary 2. I know its not the same but you should get here more relaxed ready to party at The Ivy. Hope the helicopter is of the right standard too - Southampton to London should be done in style ;)

Some players have crazy reserves - why sell if you are pricing at that level?!

Jim Webber said...

You're one of a kind Mandy!

Everyone has different ideas on the value of their horses, no question about that.

Time of year affects value as well. A breeder isn't worth much right now in my opinion. It'll be worth alot more when the season is winding down...