Visitors

Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Chuck Norris wouldn't stand for this...



Ahhh...the good old days! 

I remember well the days when Otsego Farms always had a flagship racer.  One that I could throw into the big races and feel confident that a win was a possibility.

Nightwing was the first and ran in every big race imaginable.  Unfortunately, his career ran concurrent with Thunder Arctic and Memcay, which limited the chaos he might have wreaked.

War Machine came along and served up a couple years worth of domination, which I enjoyed immensly.

Next, the mercurial Nova flashed her hindquarters to many a filly for a couple years, only dipping below 96 PSR once in 30 career races.  By the way, I have never gotten over the snub Nova received when she was not even nominated for Sprinter of the Year in 2008.  She finished the year at 10-5-5-0 and her lowest PSR was 99.  Her record that year included two GR1 victories and a 2nd place in the Breeders Cup Sprint, which was a virtual dead heat with Victory Dance.

Next up was Union Jack, who was a consistent winner and world record holder. 

Since then, things have been pretty uneventful.

I've had some other recognizable racers over the years like Predator, Big Easy, Petenwell, and Confederation.  But, they either never quite hit the big-time, or I acquired them after they had already done so.

I'm standing firmly on the precipice of mediocrity right now.  My best racer, A View to a Kill, is a talented horse, but he can't seem to win the big race.  Plus, he'll be back at Bally Doyle in a matter of months which will leave me without any A-List horses at all.

It's definitely a humbling experience to get your ass kicked on a weekly basis by virtually everybody.

2 comments:

Chelsey said...

"War Machine came along and served up a couple years worth of domination, which I enjoyed immensly."

Couple of years worth of domination... which I enjoyed immensly. Yeah I'd say that sums up WM campaign.

Anonymous said...

I really dont think u are going to have to wait long for that good horse ... I have a feeling that 1 of your 2yo`s will make it big either this season or next season

Re WM : I wouldnt have minded racing him either


Foxie