Visitors

Saturday, October 30, 2010

Otsego welcomes 3yo colt Refractor

"My hand was shaking when I wrote the check for Refractor", Otsego owner Jim Webber confided after he and EC from Rainbow finalized the deal that brought the Columbian colt to the Michigan stable.

At $2,000,000, it was the largest transaction in the history of Otsego Farms, dwarfing the $1,000,000 purchase of Xtra Run (Run Missy Run x Xtra Heat) from the now defunct Noble Farms.

"I've always tried to limit my exposure by buying horses as economically as possible.  It's because I'm fiscally responsible...and Dutch on my mother's side", Webber cracked at the news conference when the purchase was announced.

"All kidding aside, I fell in love with this big fella when I first saw him.  He has a tremendous amount of stamina and that's what interests me.  I contacted EC and he was very gracious in listening to my pitch.  After a brief, polite negotiation, a deal was struck."

Refractor (Thunder Arctic x Succubus) has a current record of 5-0-0-1, but is still quite immature and great things are expected when he gains a little more experience.

2 comments:

Amanda O'Brien said...

Not surprised you paid that much - he looks just like Harbinger ;)

Anonymous said...

Hahaha i was just saying to Crystal beofre there must be summin about that colt if Jim paid $2,000,000 for him ... Goodluck with him



Foxie