Visitors

Friday, March 01, 2013

Hello? How did I forget about this little filly?

Well... Natalia is really not very little.  At 17.2 hands this 3yo light gray filly is actually bigger than her poppa, FDL's stud stayer Braveheart.

She showed up in my stable this afternoon, completely unannounced.  I had to call my Accounting Department and ask them what the Hell was going on!  Evidently, during the auction I made a bid early on, then promptly forgot about it.  Even after the auction ended, I hadn't realized that I had won.

It was a sweet surprise, let me tell you.  I see something in this filly.  She's big and strong and has decent speed to go along with improving stamina.  Plus she seems to have the will to compete, finishing second in two career races (both at 8F), at odds of 6/4 and 9/4.

What suprised me was that I threw out a low-ball bid, figuring I'd never get her.  I was too busy monitoring my other bids (mainly Alphabet) to notice that I snagged her for just $21,000.

Nice.  It made my day!

No comments: