Visitors

Sunday, May 03, 2015

I'm sending out the A-Team

There is no Plan B...

Lapsus pulling in a win at the GR3 Risen Star Stakes this week puts him on the Kentucky Derby map and that was my plan.  As mentioned previously, probably ad nauseum to some, I have visions of multiple entries in this years Kentucky Derby.  

Helikaon, perhaps my best chance for a Derby win, squandered an opportunity in his last outing and is currently outside the top 25 potential qualifiers.  We hope he can rectify this situation with a win in next weeks Fountain of Youth Stakes.

Rico Suave will run in the 10F Revenge Stakes, and barring a scratch, we feel he will win this race easily.  If so, he will vault up the rankings and get himself into position for a berth.

Lastly, Infinity World will shoot the moon next weekend and enter as a underdog in the GR 1 Gulfstream Park Handicap.  He will have tough competition, but we feel he has a chance at this race, especially with the weight advantage he will enjoy as a 3yo.

I love it when a plan comes together, and if it all works out, I hope to have at least two entries in the big race this year.  I pity the fools who get in my way...



2 comments:

Unknown said...

I wasn't aware you could run more than two in the Kentucky Derby! I like the idea of that. Obviously I wouldn't approve of superteams running in every race (Olmo could run 20 such is the sheer depth of his team!) but in races like the Kentucky Derby and Breeders Cup where you have to qualify in the top 20 to get in, I like it. You should be rewarded for having the foresight of qualifying numerous runners. Good rule!

Jim Webber said...

I clarified it with Laurie. Of course, in normal racing we have the limit of two entries per stable. In qualifying type races, there is still that limit, unless the race is not full in which case it is possible that a stable can have more than two entries PROVIDED that the horses are on the qualifying list.

I am trying to get all 4 qualified, then we'll see how many I can get in the race...