Visitors

Friday, August 14, 2009

For Heavens sake...someone stop me!


I swore I wasn't gonna do it. Buy any more horses, that is.

I've got 45 total stalls, 39 of which are currently occupied. I've got 11 foals coming in next year. As you can see, it doesn't add up very well. I gotta get rid of some horseflesh, not bring more aboard.

In fact, I made a small step in the right direction recently when I decided to send The Reflex back to Bally Doyle for future considerations. That actually opened 2 stalls for next year; hers and the foal she would have had.

I was feeling good and had even made plans as to which other horses would be sold to get me where I needed to be. Then Noble decided to have his stable blowout.

In spite of my resolve, I got to Mike early and picked up a couple nice horses. There were a few others that I coveted as well, but my sanity eventually reasserted itself, in the nick of time.

I just couldn't resist the broodmare False Demon. She is Prefer, Prefer, Prefer on dirt and has distance capability of 10-16 furlongs (best 12). That make her a picture perfect match for War Machine. So, the stall improvement I gained from The Reflex (and foal) is gone.

Then I saw the filly Xtra Run, and it was love at first site. She's Run Missy Run x Xtra Heat and that, my friends, ought to be a very fast horse. If not, the PF breeding program is in line for major revisions.

Those of you who own HRF know that Xtra Heat has the highest speed rating in the game and RMR, of course, cranked out world records like a Pez dispenser. Translation: Xtra Run should be fast. And, the fact that she has Classic distance stamina also bodes very well.

So... I'm in a stall crunch again. Some of my boys will have to hit the sales page after this weekend.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hahaha Sir Jim
Well u made a step in the right direction by buying fillys .. I also thought about buying Xtra Run but i have more will power than that .. With the 18 or so foals i have due this season i have to control myself , which isnt easy


Foxie

Noble said...

Pineapple Express?? I know you like him Jim..
And last I looked Xtra Heat is still available as a list Mare. I was gonna use her but I'm not breeding any this year.

Jim Webber said...

I'd take PE Mike, but I'm busting at the seams now. I like Mocha Milkshake too. I'd keep MM if I were you. He'd be a nice ace-in-the-hole a couple seasons from now.

Anonymous said...

so it was you who got her jim!!! i wanted her as well but im happy i got bumble bush i just love his breeding mars x camarena a 1/2 sister too my fast filly camera shy. you wanna sell xtra run? ill give you 2 mil?

Jim Webber said...

I'm gonna hang on to Xtra Run Steven. I'm a fan of Xtra Heat and I think her x RMR has gotta be a winner. But then again...what do I know?

Anonymous said...

I think she will be fast very fooking fast 2M says steven id think she would be worth $4M i just love that breeding 1 of my fav ive seen and prolly going to be 1 of my fav horses outside my barn


Foxie

Anonymous said...

yeah ur probaly right foxie.very nice breeding hopefully for both our sakes jim he lives right up too the expectations us 3 have on him. and he can give runny a flying start too his stud career im excited about his 1st crop he got some pretty fast mares like attack at dawn,miss bust,camera shy,on the prowl just off the top of my head so he has been given every chance too succeed.