Visitors

Sunday, February 28, 2010

Aucun sens de l'humour ?

The Photo Finish Survival Pool is supposed to be fun right?  Or, was there a memo that I didn't get?

A couple of harmless comments on the thread, followed by a pick made purely in jest by yours truly, brought out the inner Napoleon of contest administrator Deeds of Laurabelle Racing Stable yesterday.

Granted, I admit that I made the choice of Race 627 Alytrain purely in an attempt to get under Deeds' skin.  I was offended on some level by his ALL-CAPS tirade about "not posting there if it wasn't a pick" and "what a pain in the ass it was gonna be to scroll through to get the picks".

I honestly thought he would chuckle at the Alytrain pick and realize that it's all just in fun.  Whoopsy!

Instead, I get the following private message, "Seriously Jim, no need for your shit on the thread. I could care less if you want to play, but don't waste your own time putting Alytrain and anything else for that matter. You're out, for good. And putting it nicely, you're a dick. GFY champ" 

OMG!  I'm out!  For good!  And I'm a dick!

If you wish to comment, please make a vote.  Is Jim a dick?  Or, is Jim OK?  Thanks.  : )

15 comments:

Amanda O'Brien said...

Players like Deeds need to learn to take the chill pill - its ok when THEY do it but god forbid a vet does it back to them!

My Vote - Jim is def OK!

Jim Webber said...

LOL. I knew I could count on Amanda! :D

Unknown said...

IMO this blog post lacks class and brings you right down to that level.

Jim Webber said...

LOL. Awesome!

Amanda O'Brien said...

Its not right for any player to be called a dick whether or not he or she deserves it - to me that is a lack of class. Then again I got called a lot worse by a certain player beginning with N who was around last season!

Anonymous said...

Mark me down for DICK! JK playa
Sunset Ranch

Jim Webber said...

Wow. And here I thought everybody liked me. One never knows. :D

Anonymous said...

Maybe I'm an old fuddy duddy, or should that now be a fuddy daddy, though I have a lot of time and respect for Jimbo!

Your no Dicky Jim @ Chiquita
DB ;o)

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
PFSimAdmin said...

That's clearly abuse of the PM system and if I hear about any more PMs like that, somebody will lose PM privileges!

Jim Webber said...

Two things...

1) I deleted the one post because even though I think the writer intended it to be funny, the language was a bit too salty.

2) I wasn't offended by Deeds' comment or by him kicking me out of his little contest. I just didn't think either action was justified so I thought I'd have a little fun at his expense...hence this article. I'm not bearing him a grudge and I hope he feels the same way.

joshkayll said...

Is it really abuse of the Private Messages? I thought the actual abuse was.. Telling someone to F themselves is pretty harsh and I know I'd be pretty shocked about that, and that causes people to tell others, as I probably would.

Sure maybe putting it on his blog was maybe the wrong decision but if you got told to do that to yourself you can make decisions like that sometimes..

btw Jim I don't think your a dick ;)

Jim Webber said...

Thanks to those of you who voted. By the way, I really am one of the nicest people I know.

Anonymous said...

I reckon you are quite the man Jim---always a gentleman

Dev in Des Moines said...

Opinionated, forceful, strong willed, and certainly wrong in some cases, but a dick? No, not in my book. A sense of humor is something that, unfortunately, does not translate to the written word and some people will never get the joke no matter what in any case, Jim.
Like water from a duck's back, ignore the detractors and do what you do best. Some do appreciate the effort.