Visitors

Wednesday, April 02, 2008

Blind we are, if the talent of this horse we could not see.


Altamente Reactivo, the 5yo light bay colt, bred by Establos Del Castillo and formerly owned by the Italian stable Olmo Dorato, has been purchased by Otsego Farms and will be shipped to Michigan in the next few days.

We are in the midst of a restructuring phase in our stable, and yet we could simply not pass up this fine router. It seems plain to me in looking at his AR that this horse has not fully matured yet. We therefore anticipate racing him in turf races of 10-12 furlongs for the next season or two.

In spite of the fact that many stables are trying to offload horses now, I was still very surprised that this fellow attracted virtually no bidding interest. We are genuinely pleased to welcome Altamente Reactivo aboard.

Agree with me you will. A winner he will be.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

it is true Jim, Altamente Reactivo is an optimal horse and will gain still a lot,perhaps has mistaken to sacrifice it for young horses, however Good Luck!!
Ciao Ettore

Jim Webber said...

Thanks Ettore. I understand why you had to sell him. I made a similar decision with Kid Flash.

Anonymous said...

Maybe you should sell BigSlick also. I see he got donkey stomped this week by a green pea stable.

Jim Webber said...

First of all Mr Noble, this is an article about buying a horse, not selling one.

Second, when I was a newcomer, I didn't get to hand-pick two Gr1 racers like you did. Any success you have this year has been handed to you on a silver platter, so I wouldn't get so uppity if I were you.

That being said, congratulations on your two victories this week.

joshkayll said...

ROFl, agree Jim.
I just tipped random horses,
and I didnt know how to pick good horses lol.
Congrats on your wins,
u beat me in the Lord Mayors Cup.

Jim Webber said...

C.T.'s Pizza was right there at the end Josh. Nice race. I was actually a bit surprised to see Majestic Song wing that race. That's the beauty of racing...you just never know.

joshkayll said...

Yeah, C.T looks as if he is better suited over 2000m i think though as he gets back and he has a better sprint, but yeah that little smartarse is pretty lucky he came at this time. hope you have more winners, Josh

Anonymous said...

mr noble you are a wanka, to be honest its not u doing anything its just your horse iis a champ, any one could of won with it, evan my baby brother could of..

victorian racing stables

Anonymous said...

ok mr noble i dont really meen that but what im trying to say ur gettin to ahead of urself, the horse might not do anything else and you mighten bring any more money in and where are you then huh?

victorian racing

Anonymous said...

I was just having fun with my wanka friend JW. Its just my way of getting even with him and his flowing Lion's like mane o' hair.. GRRRRR!!

joshkayll said...

lol Mr Noble