Visitors

Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Probably should have paused the game....


A recent scene in the office of Jim Webber, owner of Otsego Farms:

INTERCOM:  Mr. Webber?  This is Jack from Security.  We've got a gal named Rachel at the front gate who has asked to see you.

JIM:  Rachel?  Ummm, name doesn't ring a bell.  Plus I'm swamped at the moment.  Hang on a sec, will ya?  Pause in conversation as he throws a Wii Bowling strike on the 108" LCD flat-screen TV.  Tell her I'm too busy Jack.  Thanks.  Turns toward leather couch.  Your turn Ettore.

Ettore from Olmo Dorato steps up and takes the controller in hand.

INTERCOM:  Mr Webber?  Sorry to bother you again.  Rachel says she's up from the Gold Coast in Australia and was stopping by to see you and Immortal.

ETTORE:  Un'altra divisione? Lei scherza? Questo succhia!

JIM:  Trying to stifle laughter at pissed off look on Ettore's face.  Rachel who??  C'mon Jack!  We're in the middle of something here.  Jump in the golfcart and take her down to the stable to see Immortal if that's what she wants, would you please?

INTERCOM:  Yes sir.

JIM:  Finally bursts out laughing.  Hahaha!  I'm kicking your ass Ettore!  Calcio il suo asino!

ETTORE:  Giusto per ciò, nessune razze dallo Capro per lei!

An hour later...

INTERCOM:  Mr. Webber?  I just wanted to let you know that Foxie has left the premesis.

JIM:  Foxie!?  Glances at Ettore with shocked look on face.  What do you mean Foxie?

INTERCOM:  Rachel said you might recognize her better by that name.

JIM:  Crestfallen.  Uh oh....

ETTORE:  Shaking head.  Non buono, il mio amico. Non buono.

JIM:  Jeez.  I've always wanted to see what she looked like....

ETTORE:  Controlliamo la telecamera di sicurezza!

JIM:  Bingo!  Both scamper off to the security room, giggling.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

To busy for me was ya Sir Jim ... Maybe next time u wills be home when i come visit u and Immortal ... I can never understand what Ettore is saying ;)


Foxie

joshkayll said...

One the funniest yet, but I'll have translate the Italian bits :P

Anonymous said...

Giusto per ciò, nessune razze dallo Capro per lei!

Translated the other bits... but what???

-Chelsey-

Jim Webber said...

I think Ettore may have had a few too many at that point Chelse. He meant to say "Just for that, no breeding to Capro for you!"

joshkayll said...

lol Jim that reminds me of the Soup Nazi from Seinfeld.. "NO SOUP FOR YOU!

Anonymous said...

very funny jim!!! i love ur blog best around always get a giggle well done big man!!

steven

Crista said...

OMG! That was indeed funny. rofl.

Jim Webber said...

I think I'll ask Ettore to speak English the next time he come over. My translation skills are pretty bad!

Un'altra divisione? Lei scherza? Questo succhia! = Another split? You're kidding? This sucks!

Giusto per ciò, nessune razze dallo Capro per lei! = Just for that, no breeding to Capro for you!

Non buono, il mio amico. Non buono. = No good, my friend. No good.

Controlliamo la telecamera di sicurezza! = Check the security camera!

Anonymous said...

Very funny,I had a laugh out loud, :)or should I say:"Molto divertente, ho avuto un risata fuori rumoroso"...
...or thats what the translator make me say ;)
keep on going
Ettore

Anonymous said...

Your Insider is always a good read Jim lol