Visitors

Wednesday, June 10, 2015

Stall strategy


I'm very comfortable at 80 stalls.  I've thought about expanding, but I really don't have the time to manage more horses.  So 80 it is and 80 it will remain.

So, occasionally I have to churn through some horses who have outgrown their usefulness... as far as I am concerned.  They aren't producing as much as I'd like to see, I'm not keeping them as breeders, and I need to open up space for the next batch of foals... so something has to give.

These horses are available and I will sell them privately if there is any interest from stables that see this post.

French Twist - 5M
Sisqo Falls - 5M
Zombieslayer - 5M
Na'vi - 4M 
Viperwolf - 4M

I've got 79 horses now, so if I sell these 5 then add the 2 broodmares I need, I'll be at 76.  That means I'll only have 4 stalls available to cover 12 incoming foals.  Yikes... between now and the end of the season 8 more horses will have to go!

Oh well, first things first.  I need to find homes for these five, and none of them are bums.  Any takers?

8 comments:

Unknown said...

Id love to jim but im only in the market for breeding mares I want to breed 100 foals this season I have 90 stallion spots booked though will more then likely book another 5 Might And Power spots and have a 4 & 5yr old stallion retiring and might just give them a couple more each now I just need to get my hands on another 20 mares might need to scramble and book more list mares But good luck with it..

Jim Webber said...

I might end up keeping French Twist. But the others are gonna go. Not because I don't like them; they can all win money if properly placed. I just have to make room for foals and I don't want to wait until the last minute.

Jim Webber said...

They are being sent to Elite. Thanks Zoe.

Elite said...

Can't wait! Thanks Jim :)

Elite said...

Who is using reining money's name?? How dare you ;)

Unknown said...

Hey I invented that name ;) and its a shamless plug for Phareins next star stallion son....

Elite said...


Who....Evacuate? ;) ;) ;) Whoever bred Evacuate is an absolute superstar. hahahaha!

Unknown said...

ahahahaha nah I meant the breeder of Runmissyrun,Reining money and Horcrux ;)