Visitors

Saturday, July 12, 2008

Webber issues ultimatum, "Start producing or find a new stable!"


In a rare episode of foul temper, Otsego Farms owner Jim Webber blasted his training staff, calling recent performances "utterly unacceptable".

Shaking his head as he left the barn, Webber explained, "We've got a nice string of racers so I need to see more consistency and positive results or there's gonna be changes. Mark my words, heads are gonna roll."

When questioned about his recent success with Union Jack and Confederation, Webber interrupted, "Anybody could win with them. I want to see improvement from horses like Big Slick, Chancellorsville, Bane, and Rogue. Those are talented animals and they're all underachieving."

Webber continued, "I'll be out of the country visiting some mates for a month or two on a trip to Australia. I'll be monitoring operations daily via iPhone and Internet. If things don't improve in my absence, I'll make whatever changes I deem necessary".

Webber will be traveling the Trans-Australian Railway covering the length and breadth of the continent. Starting in Brisbane and finishing in Perth, the Railway covers over 3300 miles. Asked what prompted this particular trip, Webber responded,"I've always heard that parts of Australia are as dry as a dead dingo's donger. I just wanted to see that for myself".

1 comment:

Jim Webber said...

Postscript: Bane was the first casualty among the horses, sold to The Raja a few short days ago.