Visitors

Saturday, January 31, 2009

Auction Report: Otsego brings home 4 racers


Otsego Farms struck gold in this years Photo-Finish auction.

Owner Jim Webber sipped a glass of Perrier Jouet Belle Epoque champagne and simply smiled as the bell sounded at 3pm ET. Later he said, "I had a little bad luck at the auction last year and was determined to do better. Strangely enough, I didn't spend as much as anticipated, but still acquired all four racers I wanted."

The horses that were purchased were:

Kostya, 4yo colt who is a talented sprinter with GR1 ability.
Rich, speedy 3yo sprinting filly who was sired by Moet.
Titanium, the imposing 2yo filly sired by Dubai Gold.
Glymera, 2yo filly who we feel could be a real sleeper.

Webber continued, "Kostya? Are you kidding me? For a lousy $251 grand? I'm in."

He then said his farewells and stepped over to his waiting limousine. As the driver opened the rear door for Webber, a pair of graceful legs came into view. Now wait just a minute! Was that Amanda O'Brien of Bally Doyle? Nah, couldn't be.....

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I thought that was Amanda ... Jim u naughty boy u ;)


Foxie

Amanda O'Brien said...

Damn - you found me!

Anonymous said...

LOL Too funny.
Enjoy my fillies this coming season, as long as you dont beat me with the ones I still have. LOL ;-)