Visitors

Sunday, March 15, 2009

Killer arrives in Japan. Which race to enter?


A View to a Kill is in Japan and very fresh with over 2 months of rest. Owner Jim Webber has Killer entered in both the Japan Cup and the Japan Cup Dirt, and is agonizing over the choice.

"My gut feeling was that the 10.5 furlong Japan Cup Dirt was preferential. Killer seems to be a little more comfortable on dirt, and frankly, I expected a fractionally softer field." Webber shrugged his shoulders, took a sip of his Kirin Lager, then continued, "However, he likes the 12 furlong distance of the Japan Cup better, so I entered him there as well until I make up my mind."

When asked about the competition in both races, Webber commented, "Pick your poison. You got Heat Seeker on the turf and Regal Son on the dirt. Not to mention horses like Color of Fame, Retribution, Trigun, Princess Royale, Sligeach, and Smart Habit sprinkled in for good measure. It's gonna be tough sailing either way."

As he was pressed by reporters on the direction he was leaning, Webber finished his beer, looking impatiently in both directions and said, "I'm on the fence at the moment. Where the heck is LaFleur with that next round?"

4 comments:

Amanda O'Brien said...

Apologies Jim - I had sent him off for some more Bollinger ;)

Jim Webber said...

You have always fancied the champagne, haven't you Amanda?

Anonymous said...

Id prolly go the turf race Jim ... But thats just me


Foxie

joshkayll said...

top work as usual mate, would love 2 be there but im off to moonee valley to see how my new filly goes :) have fun :P