Visitors

Thursday, November 12, 2009

2013 Breeding Pairs


The transition from racing stable to breeding stable begins this year with our most prolific breeding season ever.

Eleven foals will be produced, which is a 57% increase over last year and a 175% increase over 2011. The plan will be to produce 10-12 foals per season and initially race them all to determine their potential. Those not passing muster in their first 4-6 races after maturity will be sold.

Going forward, I'll keep a relatively small number of veteran racers. The bulk of my stable will be for the training and evaluation of young horses.

The broodmares I'll use this year are:
  1. Ace Of Grace - True ability at 16 furlongs on turf makes her a great match for Union Jack.
  2. Affirm Gal - Turf ability and speed up to 12 furlongs. Union Jack again.
  3. Flawless - Nice results with Union Jack last year, so we'll stay with a distance sire and give Nightwing a crack.
  4. Immortal - Loves dirt and distances from 7-10 furlongs. I've been thinking War Machine all the way for this girl.
  5. In Spirit - Turf and distance = Union Jack.
  6. Monsoon - This mare has some inherent talent. I can sense it. We'll match her with old stable favorite Doomsday to produce a turf miler.
  7. Nova - Her string of immortal sires will continue with Run Missy Run. She's had War Machine, Dubai Gold, and Revenge up to this point.
  8. Second Strike - Excellent match for War Machine. She loved dirt and 8-10 furlongs and had good speed. This will be a good one.
  9. Shattered Record - She's stayed with Otsego studs until this year. Now she's off for a monumental match with Jenny's My Gal. This is a special pairing in my mind.
  10. False Demon - Another dirt-loving, 8-10 furlong gal that was acquired specifically for War Machine.
  11. Bold Alanna - Successful racer leased from Oak Tree for 2013 for a match with War Machine.
That's the lineup for breeding season 2013.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Only 1 Nightwing Weaver?

Jim Webber said...

How's it going Mike? Yup, just one this year. I want to give Union Jack more of a shot this year and I'm expanding War Machine a bit as well.

I'll get him a couple more mares next season.

Anonymous said...

I cant wait to see the Immortal x War Machine foal seems i did breed Immortal... I think if everything goes right that foal should be right around the mark at BC time hopefully 2nd behind one of my horses ;)

P.S. Send me the AR when u get it Sir Jim i wanna haves a look , send the JMG foals aswell ;);)

Foxie

Jim Webber said...

Will do Fox.