Visitors

Wednesday, February 17, 2010

The blush is off the rose....

Tombstone's win was like a last minute call from the governor granting him a stay of execution.  He'll stick around for awhile; probably for the rest of the season.

Sazerac therefore, has moved into the position of official scapegoat. 

I was initially excited about her purchase.  She was, after all, an unraced 3yo filly, and that is a nifty little combination of attributes.

A 6th and a 9th place finish in her first two races has tempered my excitement.  She has gone off at reasonable odds; 7-2 in her debut, and 7-1 in her second race.  At least she hasn't been a hopeless 99-1 longshot, and that is encouraging.

However, I haven't seen enough talent.  The was no sparkle on the track to keep me hooked.

With my commitment to breeding and the prerequisite mares and foals occupying many stalls, my racing string is being constricted and it looks like Sazerac may be squeezed out.

I'm still thinking, but here is her AR.  If anyone has any interest, drop me a line.  I can't guarantee that I'm gonna sell her right now, but I might if the right person is interested and they are willing to pay $15,000.

Sazerac (2010), 15.3 hand bay filly
By Sendintheclowns out of Seattle Halo by Seattle Slew

This horse will mature quickly and be at peak performance early (2-3).
This horse will have an average performance peak, at least two racing seasons.
This horse is good on hard dirt.
This horse prefers soft dirt.
This horse prefers mud.
This horse is good on hard turf.
This horse is ok on soft turf.
This horse has physical problems that may lead to alot of injury downtime.
This horse has average ratability.
This horse appears to be a sprinter.

1 comment:

Jim Webber said...

There has been an offer from an acceptable party.