Visitors

Saturday, April 17, 2010

Hope this won't cause a problem....

Since I wholeheartedly agree that all horse data should be made accessible to all...

On the Photo Finish website, go to:
  1. RACING
  2. RESULTS
  3. DOWNLOAD CURRENT RESULTS
  4. Pick race your horse is in and right-click
  5. Open file on Excel spreadsheet if possible
The spreadsheet displays the data.  I'm still in the process of identifying all data, but the first four columns are:
  • break speed
  • early speed
  • top speed
  • long stamina
Here are some results from a randomly opened race:

Bourbon 73-93-94-68
Prince Majestic 82-90-90-72
Imagination 83-89-90-68
Lord of War 76-87-88-69
Midnite Brilliance 76-90-93-68
Typical Conflict 78-91-92-67
Eminem 78-89-90-69
Argument 68-94-94-66

I'm not familiar with any of these horses except for Eminem, but it looks like you can glean the following from this limited amount of data...

Argument is very fast, but it looks like he has limited stamina and is a very slow starter.
Prince Majestic evidently has alot more stamina than his owner suspects.
Imagination looks to be a very fast starter.  I'd race him in the shortest races possible.
Lord of War is not terribly fast, which is probably very bad unless you have 71+ stamina

Bon appetit!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I never knew any of that

-RBO

PS - If it's a problem then too f'in bad.

Anonymous said...

When did this come available?

mn said...

Are you Fucking kidding me!! I knew it. I knew some people had access to data that the rest of us didn't.
I just never dug far enough I guess.
Thank's for waiting until I leave the game.. HA!

Jim Webber said...

It's evidently always been available. I just found out about it a short while ago and really haven't had the time to do anything with it until just recently.

As Laurie briefly mentioned when I alluded to this on the forum, the data changes a little bit as the horse matures etc.

But, I find the data to be very illuminating and I plan on using it in my decision-making processes in the future.

Anonymous said...

.... Jim, non riesco ad estrarre i dati, mi puoi aiutare? Grazie, Ettore

Anonymous said...

Jim, this is crazy, listen I am not saying anyone was purposely with holding this but this is very fishy, why in the world was it such a big secret? And everyone keeps saying they just didn't dig enough, I would have never of found this, whether it helps or not if it's open to the public and ONE person has knowledge to it then everyone should, it should also be listed on the home page for public use, if for nothing else the stamina section and early break speed is crucial. I know you say it changes with maturity but after some experience with it, it would not be hard to start to understand how it works. My only question is what are the min and max numbers, what is the grade based on. example... 68 for stamina what is the max high and min low to grade 68? I feel very stressed I need to go fishing tomorrow. lol
Sunset Ranch

joshkayll said...

How'd you work all of this Jim?