Visitors

Sunday, March 06, 2011

Take cover. Buying spree continues...

A long-coveted racer became the property of Otsego Farms tonight when a deal was struck with Foxies Lodge involving the 3yo colt Machine Gun.

"We've had discussions with Rachel concerning Machine Gun on a couple occasions," Otsego owner Jim Webber confided.  "She has wanted to give him every opportunity Down Under, but as you all know, Foxie has a low tolerance for underperforming horses, regardless of their pedigree.  I think the 4th place finish by Machine Gun this weekend sealed his fate at Foxies Lodge."

The chestnut colt is by War Machine out of the super-staying filly Promised Land.  He has a current record of 7-1-2-0 with $205,000 in earnings.  

"I spoke to Foxie a couple times about this fella.  I've been following his career since the start and asked her again earlier this year if he was available.  At the time she said no, but a couple disappointing starts must have changed her mind.  I'm glad she's got a good memory and called me before selling Machine Gun via auction.  I owe her another favor," Webber promised with a smile.

No comments: