Visitors

Friday, March 13, 2015

Hoping for a glitch in the Matrix


I had a pretty good thing going in 2018 with Battlestar and Jackhammer.  They both won big races and earned $4.5M and $3.8M, respectively.

It seemed like the most natural thing in the world to duplicate the breeding and see if I could catch lightning in a bottle for a second time.

Battlestar was sired by Nightwing, out of In Spirit.  Since the old veteran stallion is still kicking and the mare is also owned by Otsego Farms, I decided to give them a go again.  The resulting foal is a colt by the name of Darkstar, who projects as a big, strong stayer with perhaps more stamina, but less speed than his brother.

Union Jack and Baby Greyhound combined to produce Jackhammer in 2015.  Jackhammer is a compact male with tremendous stamina.  I had to reacquire Baby Greyhound to make this match possible, and I was able to do so for a paltry $10,000 from Endless Vista.  The foal is a massive colt named Redeemer, a distance horse with a strong preference for turf.

It'll be a while before we see if this strategy pays off.  I'll just have to wait and see.  

No comments: