Visitors

Wednesday, April 01, 2015

Going on 9 years!


The Otsego Insider has been in publication since October 2006.  

My interest in writing ebbs and flows depending on many factors.  Are we racing or it is the off season?  How active is the PF forum?  How busy am I in real life?

I've had months where I've written as many as 21 stories, and I've had months that I've published nary a one.  In a particularly prolific period back in 2007, I cranked out 50 in three months.

Many of the articles are about my own stable, so I can see how they would not interest the average reader.  But there are also many hidden gems that may give some insight on how things work in this crazy pastime that we all enjoy.

I go back and review some of the stories occasionally and I am amazed at how some of my opinions have changed over the years, and how bad some of my predictions about my own horses have proven to be.  I have hit the nail on the head once in a while also...

When I write consistently, I usually get 200+ page views per week.  As I write this, I've had 274 in the past 7 days.  Not too bad really.

I try to keep it fresh, but if anyone has any ideas, I'm open.  I was thinking about some kind of stable spotlight, where we can learn a little bit about each stable and their owner.  I think it has been done before... many years ago, but it may be time to resurrect that practice so we can all get to know one another again.

And... don't forget to leave some comments.  I love to hear everyone's opinion.

No comments: