Visitors

Saturday, May 09, 2015

Exactly as advertised?


Of course I won't know for sure until I get to see her on the track, but my 1YO filly, Maleficent has early tongues wagging here at Otsego Farms.

A while ago, I did a piece on horses with Excellent stamina.  At that time, my stallion Union Jack, had sired the most offspring with the EX stamina trait.  A little more digging unearthed the fact that list mare Ticket to Dance had produced the most foals with that same trait.  What could be more ideal than to throw these two together and see what they can manufacture?

The result was a bay filly by the name of Maleficent.  Compact like her sire, she looks to be a pure turfer who loves distance.  

There are no holes or idiosyncrasies in her AR that worry me.  In fact, she projects to be may favorite kind of racer... a come-from-behind stayer, ala Nightwing.

Truth be told... I was hoping for a colt from this pairing, but one takes what one gets, right?  Hopefully, she will be worthy to keep on as a broodmare after her racing days are over.

No comments: