Visitors

Sunday, May 10, 2015

Things are shaping up nicely...

My master plan to get multiple entries into the 2019 Kentucky Derby got a nice shot in the arm today with three horses picking up critical qualification points:

Helikaon - 1st - GR2 Fountain of Youth Stakes
Infinity World - 2nd - GR1 Gulfstream Park Handicap
Rico Suave - 2nd - GR2 Revenge Stakes

Lapsus collared a win in last weeks GR3 Risen Star Stakes, so I currently have four colts in the top 15 spots for Derby qualification.

Of course, my plans may be dashed in the event of a 20-horse field, which might guarantee me just a single spot in the Derby.  However, since we have not had a full field in 5 years, we are hoping that we can get 2, 3, or 4 horses in the field.  

The rules may be a little fuzzy in this regard, so I am inquiring as to the feasibility of 4 entries from Otsego Farms... if all of them stay in the top 20.  This is my goal, and if we go strictly by the rule of top-20 horses getting priority, perhaps it's a possibility.

No comments: