Visitors

Wednesday, May 27, 2015

If you're curious...

In all my years at Photo Finish, I have never done this before.  I wondered what my average HRF numbers for my entire stable.

I breed strictly for distance, so I expected the speed numbers to be on the low side and the stamina/kick numbers to be on the high side.  I did exclude the stats on the 2yo's, since the horses are immature and the numbers are volatile.

This is what I got:

GATE EARLY TOP STAM KICK
74.50 87.86 89.18 70.77 970.36

Gate speed a smidgen below average, which does not surprise me since I have quite a few horses who start slow and come from behind.

Early and Top speeds are exactly in line with my expectations.  I like the Top Speed 87/88 range for my stayers and that number reflects a little higher because of a select few like French Twist (93), Kid Shelleen (92), Simply Charming (92), Helikaon (91), and Scarlet Witch (91) who have some speed.  Interestingly, only Twist and Charming are sprinters in that group.

Average Stamina and Kick numbers show that the average runner in my barn is at least a Classic type.

No comments: