Visitors

Thursday, March 29, 2007

As it was prophesied, so it shall be...


On March 23rd, I wrote a piece about the tough times that new stables can go through. That article was written with a particular stable in mind.

Not surprisingly, that stable is now defunct.

We've seen it many times. A new participant comes in, full of hope and energy, only to wither away and quietly disappear like an unwatered dandelion.

As I mentioned, I had the good fortune to be lucky at the beginning. So perhaps I shouldn't be the one dispensing advice on the hard times a struggling new stable may be experiencing.

I had high hopes for this particular stable. He was active in the forum. In his own words, he spent hours reading the threads. It looked like he would eventually be an upstanding citizen in our horseracing community. He even had a blog, and a very nice one, I might add. Well written, insightful. Yes, I thought he might be a force to be reckoned with sooner or later.

And then it happened. Or, perhaps it is better to say, it didn't happen.

The losses started mounting. I kept an eye on his horses, hoping that he would get some reinforcement with a win. Even a place or show. Something to give him some hope.

It didn't happen. In fact, it seemed like his horses were pretty much finishing last or close to it every race. Bad luck really. I haven't analyzed his entries to see if he was shooting too high. Maybe that was the problem.

In any event. He is gone. Looked like he might be a respectable owner, but the bottom line was he didn't have the fortitude necessary to patiently work for success in this instant gratification world we live in.

Hopefully, the Mayor won't close down his town if they have similar budget problems.

No comments: