Visitors

Saturday, February 02, 2008

Yeah, I know the feeling....


My results were so utterly disappointing this week that I felt exactly like this little chap in the picture.

After I viewed the races, I sat unresponsive at the computer for many minutes. My wife walked by and chirped, "How'd your horses do?" My lack of response told her all she needed to know.

Five races with only a 3rd place finish by Kid Flash to show for it.

King of the Sea, Confederation, Seven Memory, and Rogue all finished out of the money and well out of contention.

This season continues to be one of the most perplexing I have experienced. I feel that I've got talented runners, but I can't seem to find the right combination of rest, surface, and grade. It's like I'm the blindfolded boy swinging at the pinata.

Every week is a new opportunity though. Luckily, I'm a eternal optimist.

No comments: