Visitors

Sunday, September 28, 2008

Quick takes on what I observed this weekend...


A View To A Kill - Really thought he'd win, but very happy with a 2nd in the Belmont. Definitely doing his daddy proud.

Eminem - Looked fairly sharp placing 3rd at 8 furlongs, but tired a bit at the end. He'll try 7 furlongs again next time.

Candle of Life - Stretched him back out to 9 furlongs and he handled it well with a 3rd place finish. He keeps finding a way to stick around after I've made up my mind to ship him out....

Born to Fly - Has talent, but he's frustrating me and I already have another 3yo sprinter. On his way out.

Mister Fantastic - He has been ever so slow to grow up, but patience may pay dividends here. Now has finished 2nd in 3 of last 5 starts.

True Ensign - The old pro really isn't slowing down too much. He's been consistent, if unspectacular. Ran out of gas in a 4th place finish this week.

Deadly Force - Ugly 8th place finish. Never in this race from the start.

Tombstone - PSR was low but he looked decent to me. The distance was way too short, but I wanted to get him some experience. This Vampirical-sired stayer will have success, I'm sure.

No comments: