Visitors

Friday, December 10, 2010

Clear as mud?


An excerpt from a recent thread in the Photo Finish Forum...

If a Serena's Song was bred to Empire Maker one year then Chester House the next, the offspring would be 3/4 siblings since both these stallions were out of the brilliant mare Toussaud but by different sires.   Now that I think of it, these 2 foals would technically be closer than 3/4 because Chester House was sired by Mr P & Empire Maker by Unbridled who was a grandson of Mr P.  But most would just call them 3/4 brothers.

I confess that I only got halfway through this before I got confused, or was it overwhelmed?

1 comment:

Amanda O'Brien said...

Its either a half sibling produced by the same dam/different sire or no relation in my book! Fed up of these pinikity posts about the female line going back to the C17.....

The PF breeding program would let you breed full siblings to each other so in this game too much indepth analysis dont count for much!