Visitors

Monday, September 26, 2011

Thoughts that have crossed my mind in the last 24 hours...


  • Captain Britain is dangerously close to being shipped out.  He has not progressed much since winning his first race and our training staff thinks his potential may be limited.  He'll get one or two more starts to get himself sorted out.
  • I really was quite pleased with the first run by 3yo Mocha Milkshake.  He doesn't mature until age 4-5 and I was a little leery throwing him out there.  He performed pretty well, finishing 4th with a 79 PSR.  Definitely encouraging.
  • I recently had an inquiry about the purchase availability of War Machine or Union Jack.  This came from a well-respected stable that I would love to help out.  After thinking about it for a couple days I've come to the realization that I just could not part with either one of these stable icons.
  • I think that Methy Bus may be the best 12F horse in the game right now and I think he'll prove it by winning the Caulfield Cup next weekend.  What makes this statement even more preposterous is that Methy Bus has never run at 12F.
  • I think I made a mistake buying Spy Vs Spy from Endless Vista.  She was sired by Memcay, so I thought she might also be slow to mature, which would explain her lack of productivity.  Unfortunately, I discovered that she matured quickly, so what you see is what you get.

2 comments:

chiknsmack said...

We might see Methy Bus vs Molecular at Caulfield. I'm looking at two weeks rest into the Caulfield Cup, followed by two weeks into the Vic Derby and then five weeks off into the first week of May.

Either that or I skip the Australian races in favor of a Kentucky Derby trial in Dubai. Probably the UAE Derby, since I don't really want Molecular to go hammer 'n' tongs with Gradient in his second start on dirt.

I'm sure you'd back your guy coming off the longer break. They stack up well against each other though; better than Molecular vs Refractor at least (though I would like to see that race at 16f if Refractor's still in training next year).

Jim Webber said...

I saw your comment about Molecular vs Rooney and thought the same thing Smack. I'd understand why you wouldn't want to send your boy to Caulfield on just 14 days rest and the thought that he might not be there doesn't exactly break my heart. Methy Bus stands ready to take him on, but if you'd prefer more even ground as far as rest is concerned, let's agree to meet later on.

And by the way, Refractor is scheduled to race again next year. Refractor vs Molecular in BC Endurance in 2015? Or do you wanna wait until next year?