Visitors

Saturday, October 08, 2011

Undeniable urge to sell a horse... again.



I have a fever.  Just like producer Bruce Dickinson, (yes, the Bruce Dickinson) who said "Guess what?  I got a fever.  And the only prescription is more cowbell."  Instead of cowbell, I have the fever to sell a horse.

Every once in a while, I get this itch.  It's overpowering and unexplainable.  I'm going through it right now.  I've been scanning my roster on a daily basis, trying to find a sacrificial lamb to satisfy my primal urge to sell.  In reality, I've got a couple underachievers who are starting to get under my skin.

Captain Britain isn't doing himself any favors by throwing out PSR's in the 75-85 range.  He'll have his 6th start this weekend and he better improve.

Nebula has produced fairly well in her career at Otsego Farms.  With a current record of 16-3-3-4 and steady PSR's in the 90's, you'd think she would be safe.  But this will be her last year racing and I'm not sure that I want to keep her as a broodmare (although that is still under consideration).  I prefer mares with a little better stamina, so if she goes, that will be the reason.

I picked up Art of Seduction as pure speculation.  His high stamina was in direct contrast to his reputation as a sprinter.  I've stretched him out and his PSR has improved with every race, but I'm not sure if he'll ever pan out.  His grace period is about to expire.

I'm trying to not be hasty, but when I get in this mood, something usually happens.

No comments: