Visitors

Monday, April 15, 2013

Guardians of the dream world, I would like to see my future...

I'm not one to roll my 2yo's out early.  If they're not sprinters or milers, they are very unlikely to see the track until August or so.  Consequently, I usually don't get a lot of action from my youngsters, since most of them are usually distance types.

For 2017, I have just three 2yo's that will get some early runs and they all look decent on paper...
  • Big Bang - colt.  Big N' Rich x Nova.  Miler.
  • Numerator - filly.  Reichenbach Falls x Second Strike.  Sprinter.
  • Tricky Woo - filly.  Yeager x Domino.  Sprinter.
Big Bang and Numerator both break well, have good acceleration and good speed.  Tricky Woo will be a little trickier to manage.  She also has good acceleration and good speed, but she is a slow starter and runs from behind.  We're concerned that she may run out of track before she can get up to speed.

As far as probable effectiveness goes, I would probably rank them in that exact order, alphabetically.  Big Bang and Numerator could possibly be interchangeable due to BB's very short projected career and N's very long career.

In truth, your guess is as good as mine as to who will step up and who will fall down.

No comments: