Visitors

Sunday, May 27, 2007

Turnover higher for OFRS in 2009


Perhaps it's the new sale system. Maybe my transactions are up this year because it's just so darn easy to buy and sell a horse.

We're just past the halfway mark this year and I've already bought 3 horses and sold 3 horses.

That is pretty unusual for me. In the past, the majority of my transactions have taken place in the off-season.

With the new sales system though, you can transform your stable in a surprisingly short period of time.

The three horses I picked up:
  1. Sitio Estrategico - 4yo male stayer. Very solid PSR's. Grade 3 at 10-16 furlongs.
  2. Candle of Life - 3yo male miler. Has the tools. Grade 3 at 8-10 furlongs.
  3. Stowaway - 3yo male sprinter. Has 100+ PSR ability. Grade 2-3 at 5-7 furlongs.
The three horses I sold:
  1. Night Thrasher - 2yo colt. Has a couple flaws. I didn't see a ton of upside.
  2. Firefighter - 3yo colt. Pretty AR. Looks like he may have some potential.
  3. Dragon Flyer - 2yo filly. Sold her unraced, which is risky. A few holes in her AR.
The horses I bought are not grizzled veterans by any means, but I did gain maturity by making these moves and got myself three solid racers who will win money if appropriately placed.

I'm probably done with transactions this season because I really like the structure of my stable right now. However, if I decide to retire Nova at the end of the year (50/50 bet right now), I would have to move a broodmare later in the season. I'm only keeping three, and they would be Nova, Shattered Record, and probably Monsoon.

No comments: