Visitors

Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Born to Fly raises eyebrows


With hombreds Rogue, Bane, and Quicksilver getting most of the attention in their 2yo seasons, Born to Fly, the auction-bought colt by Affirmation, has flown under the radar.

His entry in the Crystal Slipper Stakes was almost an afterthought, but resulted in a unexpectedly strong 2nd place finish in a field of 9.

I guess I shouldn't be surprised by the nice effort. I bought the colt because I liked his sire, Affirmation, the $2 million dollar earner from Oak Tree. It's just that I had such high hopes for my homebreds that Born to Fly was unwittingly relegated to the status of red-headed stepchild [sic].

With mundane results from Rogue and Quicksilver in their first races, and Bane still untested, Born to Fly, just as his name implies, has flown to the top of my list of 2yo hopefuls.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That would be a chance for the Sydney 2yo classics. Good luck