Visitors

Thursday, February 21, 2008

Shadowcat - Room for her to stay?


Pictured to the left is the member of the X-Men known as Shadowcat, a mutant with the ability to walk through walls, and the inspiration behind the name of our 6yo broodmare.

Shadowcat didn't have a successful record on the track with a record of 15-1-3-1 and earnings of just $36,825. She did show a little speed though with seven races of PSR 96 or higher and a few more in the 80's.

She has produced two very nice looking foals, Tombstone, by Vampirical, and Huntress, by Big Easy. Both foals have surface flexibility and stamina. Tombstone likes a lot of distance and Huntress prefers classic distances.

Given the quality of this colt and filly, I've had to rethink my plans. Initially, I was going to replace Shadowcat in the breeding barn with Affirm Gal. Now I'm scrambling to come up with ideas on how to keep both, to go along with Shattered Record and Nova.

I'll think of something.

1 comment:

Amanda O'Brien said...

I may have a solution - Email me!