Visitors

Saturday, June 27, 2015

It's never too early...




Olympia
Prince Charming



Southern Charm



Breeding is still months away, but I've been thinking about pairings already and I think I have it all pretty much worked out.

In-house stallions Nightwing, Refractor, and Alphabet will breed with a single mare each, with Alphabet getting a crack at the super-productive mare In Spirit.

War Machine, Union Jack, and newcomer Methy Bus will have two mares apiece.  War Machine x Quake is a particularly exciting combo.  We love her speed, stamina, and on-lead racing tendencies matched with the Triple Crown Champion.

We also have three stallions lined up that we have never used; Olympia, Druido Supremo, and Capro Espiatorio.  Olympia will have the honor of breeding with Southern Charm, in a match we really like.  Capro and stable favorite House of M will pair up, as will Druido Supremo and Dream d'Oro.

The hardest part of this process will be culling the herd enough to make space for the incoming 12 foals.  Some tough decisions will be made...

PS - I've got dibs on the name Prince Charming.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Some nice looking pairings from your boutique breeding operation jim I have about 95 worked out but still in the process of researching mares to be added to the list Im honestly looking forward to first season War Machine stallion A Squared and seeing how his foals turn out i will be sending him 10 mares myself to give him every chance but based on his breeding,Numbers and racetrack peformances he should be a smashing success at stud

Anonymous said...

I find that to be interesting Olympia x Southern Charm pairing , in a good way .. Got me to thinking who would i pair her with if I owned her and it would be Olympia or Gradient or perhaps even Capro

Im not even going to start thinking about breeding till end of season

Jim Webber said...

95 foals Steven? Wow, that is prolific! No way I could keep track of a stable that big.

O x SC is a really nice match, ability-wise. I'm quite excited about them. I am hoping for a colt, but I'll probably end up with a filly turf sprinter...

Unknown said...

I would give Majestic Rooney a shot with SC. He adds a bit more stamina with out taking away any speed. He also adds a another pound of weight carrying ability. Most importantly he adds quite a bit of added kick to the party. Very long peak looks nice too.

Anyhoo.... good luck with whatever combination you choose.

Smokey

Unknown said...

Majestic Rooney would really suit her I agree chris...

Im at 120 Foal's now jim with the reality that I need to cap it there just got another 15 mares added to the list this week

I really think Olympia is going to be a nice stallion ive paired up Round Pond with him the dam of John's Round Ron a G1 dirt middle distance horse... was also thinking Royal Delta would pair up but stuck with Round Pond

Jim Webber said...

Based on some conversations I've had, I am actually reconsidering this match...

Unknown said...

Mate id go with your gut instinct you are quite an accomplished breeder and OLYMPIA is a top line horse who will become a future G1 producing stallion Amanda has a track record of producing wonderful runners that become top line stallions A view to a kill is a perfect example.... Tough choice I know mate