Visitors

Thursday, January 13, 2011

All systems are go...

I've got a feeling about this filly.  Run Missy Run x Xtra Heat?  Are ya kidding me?  She's gotta be fast, doesn't she?

She didn't get a lot of love in her first start.  The bookies sent her off at 21-1 and only two horses had worse odds.  In spite of a horrific start, she rallied to finish 5th with a respectable 80 PSR.

Looking at her stats after the race, I saw that she is fast, just like I had hoped.  I also saw that she was a very slow starter, and had I known that, I wouldn't have started her in a short 4.5F race.  She just couldn't make up the ground after breaking poorly and hitting the 2F pole in 9th place.  Fortunately, the gate speed blurb was reinstated into the AR's last season, so this will not be an issue going forward.

I'm very high on Xtra Run, as I should be with her breeding, and considering I spent $1,000,000 in prying her away from Mike at Noble Farms. 

Keep an eye on her.  She'll go a little longer next time and I'm predicting a win.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

yeah good luck with her jim so far RMR has had 3 winners and they have all been fillies, i think and so do a few people ive chatted with that they wont be early goers like i thought and like RMR was but will become much better 3yr olds, well at least i hope so.

steven

Crista ~ Rivendell said...

You just wait till my RMR colts win. Its just a matter of time. ;-)