Visitors

Thursday, January 06, 2011

Otsego Stud heating up...

I've had several inquiries in just the past few days concerning stud service by War Machine (pictured above), Nightwing, and Union Jack.  These inquiries have resulted in a few bookings.

This rash of activity is probably in response to the recent, and in some cases brilliant success of the following horses:


By Nightwing - Crossbones, Green Parrot, and Under My Feet.


Otsego Farms is holding 5 spaces from each stallion for personal consumption; leaving 10 available for each horse.  These will be filled first-come first-serve.  My studs are available only on a quid pro quo basis...meaning I'll swap bookings if you have a stud that I like or if we have done business before (or if you're one of my peeps...you know who you are).  If you do not have an appropriate stud or connections, I'd consider selling the spots on a case-by-case basis for $50,000 each or less.

These studs have had surplus capacity in the past, so it may not be an issue this season, but with the success of their recent batches, they may now have a little more appeal.  I expect Union Jack in particular to be a fairly hot commodity, so plan accordingly if you have any interest.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes i agree Union Jack will be a hot stallion this season shouldnt take to long to book him out



Foxie

Amanda O'Brien said...

You are always welcome to a spot to Falls Jim :)

Anonymous said...

.... Jim if possible 1 Union Jack, Thanks
Ettore

Jim Webber said...

UPDATE:

As of today, these are the number of spots taken:

War Machine - 10
Nightwing - 7
Union Jack - 12

Those numbers include the 5 from each that I am withholding for internal and emergency use.

I expect War Machine and Union Jack to both be fully booked within a week.

Crista ~ Rivendell said...

I hope my War Machine colt Kryptonite doesnt disappoint. :D Although you will be watching him on the grass unlike his paretns. pmsl. I will prolly try him on dirt as a two year old just in case.