Visitors

Friday, February 04, 2011

Big racing week at Otsego Farms

7-5-3. Those are the magic numbers this week.

Seven total racers. That is a lot for me considering that I've had just over 40 entries all year so far.

Five two-year-old entries. I've only had 7 entries total for all of my 2yo's thus far in 2014.

Three Otsego Farms debut races. New acquisitions Art of Seduction and Necromancer both make their first appearances in the Blue and Yellow, and the 2yo filly You Know My Name (Union Jack x Shattered Record) hits the track for the first time in her career.

Moondragon will run in the 5.5F Tippett Stakes looking to make it two in a row after getting the win in her first race.  The field has 13 entries which is just past the normal tipping point where I scratch a 2yo, but I decided to give it a go based on her strong previous showing.

Xtra Run makes her second start in the 6F Angle C Stakes.  She's a slow starter who did not perform well in her debut at a short 4.5F.  The extra distance should help her immensely, and even though it's probably still way too short for her, we're predicting a win.

Veteran Shatterstar, who will stick around at the stable for as long as it takes to become a million dollar earner,  and 2yo Quasar (Revenge x Nova) round out the entries.

4 comments:

Crista ~ Rivendell said...

Jim, you must really love buying my cast offs. PMSL You have both Art of Seduction and Necromancer that I breed, sold em both early for different reasons. Art was one of those "I hope selling him doesnt come back to bite me in the butt" sell, but I thought I would make more selling him then racing him.

Hope you have luck with them.

Jim Webber said...

I didn't notice that you bred them both Crista. I'm happy to have them though.

Art may never pan out but his breeding is too good to pass up on for $152k, and Necromancer is a decent racer who was an absolute steal at $1000.

Odds are that both will be gone by year end, but you never know...

Crista ~ Rivendell said...

So true, you never know. I do hope that they do something, cause has a breeder its bad when they dont. pmsl

Crista ~ Rivendell said...

PS. You should see my steal at $1. ;-P