Visitors

Thursday, February 02, 2012

Ettore Fieramosca makes bid to stay on in 2016

I bought Ettore Fieramosca on a whim. 

He had won a couple recent races and was on the sales page with no reserve.  Bidding was non-existent.  Perhaps it was because his AR stated that he matured early and has a very short peak time.  Since he was already in the middle of his 4yo season, he obviously didn't have much pull at auction.

However, looking over his performance history, it seemed to me that he did not peak early.  He didn't start getting over 100 PSR consistently until the middle of his 3yo season.  Based on what I observed in his record, and the ridiculously low price (with 10 minutes to go in the auction, I made the winning bid at $1000), I felt he would be a good investment for the remainder of the 2015 season.

However, his performance has made me think that I might keep him for another season.  He has put together a record of 3-2-1-0 $97,500 with an average PSR of 104 since I acquired him.  The race he lost was by a half-head to Reining Money.

I like him.  He's winning races.  That is the formula for keeping a stall at Otsego Farms.

No comments: