Visitors

Sunday, December 06, 2009

Time to roll the dice again...


Trying to tell a good horse from a bad horse by looking at an AR is like putting on a blindfold and trying to determine the flavor of a jelly bean by just feeling it.

I've got four 2yo's ready to hit the track and I've spent quite a bit of time over the past year just gazing at their AR's, trying to discern what to expect.

I've complimented myself on the pairings, nodded appreciatively at the surface and distance projections, chuckled at the sheer genius of the names, and imagined the accolades of my peers when these horses splash into superstardom.

Then the cold slap of reality hits me again.

Odds are that at least 2 of these four youngsters will crap out completely. One may pay his way in some moderate fashion. And, if I'm lucky, one will win a million bucks or so.

It's sad to think that my current euphoria over Crossbones, Nebula, House of M, and War Hammer may eventually ebb, and some if not all of these magnificent animals will be unceremoniously shipped off to who knows where.

Of course, there is always the possibility that one or more may hit the bigtime.

Let's get started. It's time to see what we got here!

3 comments:

Crista Rivendell said...

I agree! Lets get started!

I got a butt load of two year olds in my barn to disapoint me this year!

Im so excited to see which one will surprise me and become good! rofl.

Im afraid I am a bit like you Jim, glancing at the ARs every now and then to see what could be, hoping..... until the cold harsh truth slaps you in the face when they hit the track.

Spartan Racing Stables Beotch! said...

ARs? We dont need no stinkin ARs!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.