Visitors

Friday, April 30, 2010

The best laid schemes of mice and men...

...go often askew.

I bought the 12yo mare Fox with the best of intentions.  In fact, I kinda stole her from another suitor with a last minute bid at auction.  I felt pretty good about that at the time because I've always liked her and I thought she would fit in nicely as a broodmare at Otsego Farms. 

I'm not feeling so good about it any more and it's not because I don't like Fox, because I still admire her as much as ever. 

My plan is to have 10 broodmares.  When Arctic Fox retires after this season, she'll make number ten.  However...my opinion regarding Domino has changed dramatically and now I'm very seriously considering keeping her as a broodmare.  If that happens, Fox will have to go.

I originally thought Domino was strictly a sprinter, and as a potential broodmare, only fit to produce more sprinters.  However, now I know that whatever she can or cannot do on the track, she has the bloodlines to produce classic racers and the stats that back it up.

So...I'm leaning that way at the moment.  Keep Domino, sell Fox.  We'll see which way the wind blows in the last third of the season...

1 comment:

joshkayll said...

haha funnily enough I had to do a SAC (School Assessed Coursework) on Of Mice And Men last week lol