Visitors

Tuesday, February 08, 2011

Always thinking...

As I mentioned in a previous post, I'm in the process of reconfiguring my stable to accommodate a maximum of the following:
  • 10 Foals
  • 10 One-year olds
  • 10 Two-year olds
  • 10 Three-year olds
  • 7 Older racers
  • 10 Broodmares
  • 3 Stallions
Sixty total stalls.  I figure it will take me until the end of 2015 to get everything the way I want it.

In that regard, I'm evaluating my current stock to see who will be leaving Otsego Farms between now and the end of the season.  I'll probably sell a couple soon, because my stable is currently full and I hate having no available stall space.  You never know when an emergency acquisition may be necessary, right.

My older racers next year will be headlined by 6yo Shatterstar, 5yo Kayson, and 4yo's House of M, Crossbones and Refractor.  Horses that will be in this potential category that will be sold are La Force, Necromancer, and War Hammer, with Nebula currently being on the bubble.  Nebula is a talented filly who I just can't seem to get a handle on.  She'll get a couple more chances to convince me, one way or the other, unless someone makes me an offer in the meantime that I can't refuse.

I'd like it if all of my current 2yo's made it into next season, but there is a possibility that one or perhaps two of them may have to be sacrificed.

I see myself adding 5 stalls at the end of this year, which would put me at 55.  I'm currently full with 50 horses and I will have 10 foals, so I need to cut my string to 45 by the end of the season in order to accommodate the youngsters.

Also, I'd like to spend another million or so to pick up one more nice racer.  Any ideas?

No comments: