Visitors

Saturday, March 13, 2010

Anybody seen my pitchfork?

I was speaking with the esteemed Mike Noble of Noble Farms today regarding the comments in the "Yes, I'm going there..." thread in the Photo Finish forum.

Mike and I don't actually talk that often, but in light of the flammability of that topic and the comments it was generating, I simply had to talk to somebody and he was convenient.

As we discussed our opinions, and the predictability of some of the other responses, he made the comment to me, and I paraphrase, "You used to be considered a nice guy, and you're not (considered) nice anymore."

Well folks, that cut me.  Deep.

Trust me, I am still a nice guy.  I'm just a nice guy with opinions.  I say what I think and I don't say things I don't mean.

The truth is, I always have the best interest of Photo Finish at heart.  No kidding.  Do you think I would have stuck around for almost 7 years, ten racing seasons, and written hundreds of articles in this blog if I didn't care?

I make a lot of comments and suggestions.  There are probably people out there who wish I would shut the hell up sometimes.  But I won't because the exchange of ideas is important to the evolution of this game.

There are many who are happy with the status quo.  I'm not.  If new ideas and the lobbying for rule changes upset the general populace...sorry.  But things move slowly here at Photo Finish; that is one of it's charms I suppose.  So, changes won't catch you off guard.

So, if being more verbal than the average PF participant makes me into the bad guy, I guess I can live with that.  Just remember, I'm not really a bad guy.  I'm a good guy who's willing to put on the black hat occasionally for the good of Photo Finish.

1 comment:

Dev in Des Moines said...

Although I may be in disagreement with you on some issues, I find your opinions to be right on the mark and in the best interest of a fair game. More of the voice of common sense than a dude with a black hat, I'd say. Keep up the good work.